BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Labels

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy days

Happy days
…………………………………
Is it me who is sitting idle in the office just because there is no work? What happen to all my impishness in life? Where have those days gone? Those beautiful days filled with bunch of friends, chocolates, silly fights, cat fights, molly-coddle and love of all. Those beautiful days I miss in my life. Was going to office in the morning wherein I was encountered with a summer camp board and that turned me in to the nostalgia of child hood. Just thinking of the passing time, is making me to reminisce those Happy days of my child hood……………………………
Rain, the most awaited time for kids that fills the heart with joy, happiness and soft sprinkles of water. Remember the poem

Rain Rain Go away
Little Johnny wants to play
Come again other day
!!!!!
I don’t know about Johnny, but to myself would wait for the sprinkles of rain and misty fog to fall on me. There was a slight drizzle in the morning hours and my mom started waking me up to get ready for summer camp. Just nearby my home, there was a big church…so big enough for a tiny tot of second class to play…that’s me……. it was the time of summer, and was done with my exams. Every year in the church there would be VBS i.e. Vacation Bible School camp wherein kids would participate and celebrate the joyous days. It was the first day for me and a very first experience to go for a summer camp.
The church was filled with various trees big and small selection of flowers and fruits. As it was raining, it was giving a lovely experience to breathe in the fresh air from them. The clock tick 9 and we entered the hall where hundreds of kids were seated together to start the camp. Then Father of the church made us do prayer and asked us to join the prescribed classes which we wish to. All the naughty girls and guys like me were put in to the team of Clara, VBS volunteer. We were made to form train chain and made our way to the front side of the church. It was an open place and a pretty neat and spacious one where we can spread and play games. Then we started the vacation lessons of the summer camp. There were many competitions held in the classes, like the most active, the calmest, the most spontaneous and all. In order to get the prize I choose The Most Calm and the prize was Nataraja Pencil. ( Am a complete opposite to the prize) hehehe
We were taught holy verses from bibles, stories, drawings, paintings and variety of stuff that would keep us engaged the whole time. And again before we disperse to home, we were made to form a train chain and gather in the assembly hall. The last half-an-hour in the assembly hour is the most waiting time for kids, since it would be consisted of all kinds of songs, jingles, fun, games and lot more. Then at last, the stomach started making sounds sending the signals of hunger and we were given Samosa and a glass of Rasna. Let me tell you, Rasna was the drink which most of them in the child hood would go crazy for. After having them, we again would form a queue to have the Rasna. Caught up by the volunteers we were thrown out. Like that days passed and the time came for us to depart as the summer camp was finished. The last day was ceremonial one and many mockery shows, puppet shows were held for us to enjoy. …………..
Love those days….miss that fun……Beautiful memories of Life.

0 comments: